Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi, from Blue Mountains

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mountain_Roller, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Hi everyone. Just a quick intro from me.

I live in Springwood, NSW 44/M. Ride a BMW GS650 Dakar. I have only recently got my L's (Dec 2015) and have had very little motorcycle experience prior.

I have done about 2000km over the Xmas holiday period though. Including about 100km off-road, camping, lot's of rain and Sydney traffic.

This looks like a great forum and would love to hook up on rides one day (once I get more experience).
  2. Welcome mate, nice bike :) I know of a Blue Mountains riding group that do a fair bit of dirt riding that you could possibly hook up with.
  3. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  4. welcome aboard :)
  5. Welcome to NR...
  6. Howdy, welcome and happy riding! :happy:
  7. Thanks for the welcome all. :)

69SIM69SIM Do you have any contact details to the BM adventure riding group?
  8. Hi Mountain_RollerMountain_Roller !

I grew up in Springwood. I do miss the mountains. I'm living in the inner west now, for no reason other than convenience.

I got my L's in October, still working towards getting my own bike but should have one in the next few weeks.

It would be good to tackle a few of the roads out that way with you sometime.

Hawkesbury rd through the twisties and out and over through bells line maybe

All the best!
  9. Sounds great BlueWolfBlueWolf What kind of bike you thinking of?
  10. I'm looking more at a late 70s cruiser/naked thing. Pretty keen on a CB of some description. I just gotta find one for the right $...

Sounds like you're keen to hit up the state forrest. I'd love to get an adventure tourer too but one at a time aye?!?
  11. They operate via a Facebook page, just search FB using "Blue Mountains Adventure Riders". Nice bunch of people.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks mate, I will hook up with them.
  13. I'll join you on that!
    was going to check out Hawkesbury road today, but ran out of time.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Send me an inbox message (I haven't figured that out) if you're keen and we'll tee it up. ...