Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Bendigo!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by madalpinestar, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, Mark here.

I have been on for a bit but never gotten around to introducing myself.

I just bought a white 2012 cbr1000 and I love it. I had a 05 cbr600 for about 4 years that I recently sold(misses wouldn't let me keep both)

I am looking forward to getting to know some riders on here and hopefully learn what I can off people

btw anyone happen to know where I can get my suspension setup around the Bendigo or around the Sunbury side of Melbourne?

ride safe everyone

2. Welcome mate, love the bike (y)
  3. G'day Mark,

ABS, Elliots, or any other bike place should be able to set-up your suspension with you. Alternately, it's something well worth learning yourself... have a look around with google you'll find some good guides and videos on the web... it doesn't have to be CBR specific because the same rules apply to all bikes, it's just some bikes have more points of adjustment than others. It's a good skill to have because it means you can tune any bike you have and can properly compensate for changes in load, eg two-up or loaded for touring. A well tuned suspension is safer and rides better.

4. Hey Mark welcome to this joyous place :) Couldn't give the Missus your old bike?
  5. Hi Mark, welcome to the forum :)
  6. Thanks, its awesome fun moving up from a 600!

Thanks mate, I have been doing some research but not sure about it. I'm not getting my head around it. I might just have a crack at it myself and if it turns bad hand it to them. I like the stock settings at the moment though

I never considered that, but I don't think it would have worked out well for the bike