Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from an old newbie in western Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by aardvaark, May 24, 2012.

1. After 5 years of being a regular visitor to the Netrider forums, I finally decided to take the plunge and join. I've always enjoyed the forum discussions, and have learned a lot from them. What finally prompted me was that today I collected my first "real" motorcycle in 40 years, a 2007 Suzuki C50.
    Actually I am being discourteous to my scootering mates, for the past 5 years I've been riding "twist & go", most recently a SYM Firenze which really is a beautiful machine. But I thought that before I get too old I would indulge myself, hence the current machine. I may have to get used to the sound of the Cobra slashdown pipes, I was feeling quite self conscious riding home this afternoon (and in the first bit of rain for ages!) and I hope I don't disturb the neighbours too much. Some time in the near future I might ask for some technical advice on this issue, but for the moment I'll concentrate on the new riding techniques required.
    Anyway, keep an eye (and ear) out for me in the bus lane from Woodpark to Parramatta at about 7.45 every morning.

2. Welcome.
    Great to hear you took the plunge. Big step from a SYM Firenze to a C50. I reckon you need to talk your Scooter mates into taking the step too.
  3. Welcome, and better late than never to step up, I bet you're already wishing you'd done it earlier....
  4. Firenze! So that's what those Dominos scooters that were torched in Darlinghurst must have been! Welcome :)
  5. Thanks for the welcome, guys. I've been away an hour or so, in the garage admiring my new purchase, by gosh it's beautiful.
    Actually, Tone2, they were TGB's, delivery scoots with big boxes. The pics were awful, weren't they, all that melted plastic!
  6. Welcome to NR :)