Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Albury

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by bangalla, May 3, 2007.

1. Hi everyone. My name's Dave and I live in Albury, NSW. I've just got my license after not having ridden a bike for over 10 years.

I'm looking forward to getting on the road, but in the mean time Netrider has already been a source of really good info for a novice like myself.

I hope it won't be too long before I get to meet some of you in the flesh.

2. Hi @ welcome. ( We have another Dave :LOL: )

Theres a small coven of us over here in Mul, a few in Shepp & surounds. So with a bit of luck shouldnt be to long.

3. Welcome Dave. Great motorcycling history around Albury/Wodonga, the now-defunct Hume Weir track (sniff :() Robbie Phillis and the Jones boys, who were bike racers before trying taxis instead :LOL:.

4. Hi dave welcome!

So what were you riding 10 years ago?
    What are you riding now?
    I hope you enjoy the forum and get alot of good info out of it.

Have fun mate, and safe riding!

5. Hiya Davo.

Have fun. :wink:

Wel00011.

6. welcome to us lot....

7. [quote='92_Ducati_900_SS]Hi dave welcome!

So what were you riding 10 years ago?[/quote]

Trail bikes on friends' farms.

Absolutely nothing :(

I will be borrowing a 250 for a while to get back into the swing of things.
    As I'm over 30 and living in NSW I can get my unrestricted license once I pass the RTA driving test and at that point I plan on getting a Ducati Monster SR2 800 :cool:

I already have and thanks :)

8. G'day, welcome aboard.

9. Hi Bangalla

I'm in wagga... might see you around the bike shops down there one day :)

10. Is there still a Harley dealership in Wagga?

CJ's in Albury let go of the franchise a little while back and according to my Dad (Harley tragic) the new place is nothing to write home about.

If you see someone drooling over red Italian machines it may just be me.

Dave

11. No Harley dealership... but my next door neighbour makes sure I am out of bed every morning on time when he starts his up!!

Red Italian machines sound more like my cup of tea(or coffee!) too. Picked up my bike from down that way :) might not be much, but I'm happy with it!

12. :shock: what, when did this happen?
    Mind you, I/we havnt been in there in ages. Its a hell of place to get in & out of.

13. CJ's dropped Harley late last year from memory. The new place is Phil's Garage, I haven't been in there (no interest) but Dad reports that it is tiny with very little stock.

CJ's are still operating, the owner there once said that snow mobiles are one of the biggest parts of his business so I guess HD must have simply become more trouble than it was worth.

LOL, it's easy! Especially now that the freeway has removed all of the traffic from the local roads (and re-routed it through my front yard :cry: )

I actually quite like the road from Mulwala to Albury, particularly before you reach Corowa. Corowa to Albury is less exciting, but still quite pleasant.

14. Hi bangalla. Welcome to Netrider :grin:

15. Ahhhh, havnt been over to Albury since the freeway opened.

:wink: hmmm yes dont mind the Mulwala - Corowa strech of road myself.
    Corowa - Howlong & going through Howlong sh!ts me to no end. Rest of the trip not bad.

Another bit of road I'm getting attached to is heading into Tocumwal from the Vic side.

Now if only my chain would arrive so I can get out there & do these roads :evil: