Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi, from Adelaide

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by gizzo, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Hi all. Just joined Netrider. Looks like a pretty decent bunch of people on here. My name's simon but you can call me gizzo if you like. Been riding for a while now but I don't consider myself anything special. I'm just loving getting out and plonking around the hills at my own pace, going to work and the (very) occasional short tour or transport to somewhere. have friends in Nuriootpa and Lobethal so they're nice places to aim for.
    My bikes: I have an old Ducati Pantah that I've owned for something like 24 years (over half my life!). It's been ridden off and on over that time as my interest comes and goes. It has about 80,000 km on it and still rides nicely. Only ever broke down on me once, when a cam belt snapped.
    I built a Suzuki Savage bobber a few years ago that has become pretty much my daily ride. It's cool, big 650 single thumper.
    Last year I bought one of the first RE Continental GT's to land in Australia. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it ticks the right boxes for me. It's a lot of fun, sounds great and looks sensational. Build quality is pretty poor and I wouldn't recommend a RE to someone without mechanical ability.
    Have an old Suzuki DR250, the plastic tank one (1990. Hell, it was almost new when I bought it.....). used to ride this one a lot but it mostly just comes on trips to the river these days to chase the offspring on a Peewee. Still runs great though, and never been apart in 60,000km.
    My missus rides occasionally. She has a Monster and XT225.
    That's me. Maybe I'll see some of you out there some day.
    Ride safe

2. Howdy welcome to Netrider.
  3. Howdy and welcome to NR gizzogizzo .
  4. G'day SimonSimon, welcome to Netrider.
  5. welcome aboard :]
  6. Thanks guys :)
  7. Welcome to NR from Adelaide
  8. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  9. Welcome gizzo from Adelaide.