Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from a Melbourne NSR150SP rider!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Morbo28, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Hi everyone!

I'm like the forum version of radio's "long time listener, first time caller". I have found heaps of useful info on here and finally joined.

I live bayside in Melbourne and work next to Albert Park - yep, can commute to work on Beach Road if it takes my fancy and have been known to go for a lunch time blat around Albert Park - expecially when it's set up for the Formula 1 - Giggedy!

Mostly I come up the Nepean Hwy - wider lanes, easier to get through that parking lot in peak hour, you might see me along there in the Repsol colours.

Have had my Ls since October last year but haven't yet done the next test for the blacks (coz had a wedding to pay for). So I haven't been riding for ages but get a decent amount of Ks under my belt as I commute.
    I found doing heaps of long rides in traffic on a push bike as a teenager really prepares your mind for the 'I'm invisible and people are trying to kill me' mentality that you need to ride a motorbike and look out for hazards.

I look forward to chatting with you and maybe even turning up to one of the rides...
  2. Welcome

Pushbikes also help you learn to balance a motorbike and to wear a helmet (these days).

Yep, when commuting you can enjoy yourself a little but you don't want to choose the longest route!

Ride safe.
  3. Welcome Aboard
  4. hi and welcome to NR
  5. howdy n welcome

good ol' beach rd