Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from a Manly Man!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by jhammy, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Hi all. I'm a manly man. Unfortunately I wasn't born Manly, I had to relocate from Manchester, UK to attain this title, but it wouldn't be decent of me to resist the pommy dream of being herded into potentially the most over crowded touristy beach district of Sydney bar Bondi.

So after several months ago, leaving behind my beloved Triumph Daytona 600 back in the UK :cry: with a strange bald guy with a really disturbing twitch, in exchange for some cash, I felt a hole in my life.... and i know this might be strange but I was kind of reluctant almost to sell it to him as I wanted her to go to a good home! This guy looked like someone that might touch her inappropriately whilst forcing himself on her uninvitedly! Bad times!

So anyway, i've filled this hole with an R1. Yamaha's finest (this is my opinion... it's open to interpretation). Have to say I was surprised how rusty you can get after not riding for over 6 months, and no one likes being a noob twice! :nopity:

So I thought it would be a good plan to sign up and possibly find some like minded people for beers and/or days out riding (I hear Putty Rd is a must for the sydney area). Also this is a great place for advice over the last week or so when i’ve been researching my 1st commute to work, which happened this morning, on such things as filtering etc ... glad to report i’m still alive and didn’t get pulled (Did get a really dirty stare from a cop coming the other way at one point tho which made me swallow hard! :LOL: ), and I managed to pick up some traffic dodging tips from following other riders on the way in. Bonus.

So anyway. Hi and stuff.
    :biker:

2. Welcome to NR!

3. Welcome to Netrider. You DO know, of course, that your football team is the one everybody else in Sydney loves to hate, don't you?

Anyways, yes, get out and have a look at the Putty Road, and come down the South Coast and have a look at our Southern Highlands roads too :)

4. I'm a Manchester United fan so I come from a long background of supporting a team everyone loves to hate so manly wildcats are right up my street! :D

Thanks for the welcome guys.

5. Welcome to Netrider, jhammy! :D

6. Thanks Sheepy :)

7. Welcome to Oz & welcome to NR. (y)

8. Welcome to NR, Do the ladies still look great in Manly? Its been many a years since I have been there

9. They don't seem to like wearing much cloths around the Manly area. At times it can only be described as breath taking! :popcorn:

That is until you get one who's on first name terms with the local KFC pouning accross your path in similar clothing!

10. ah yes life as I new it. Just wait till summer really hits on the Friday and Saturday night :beer: :cool: =P~ :dance:

11. Manly Wildcats? :rofl:

Welcome to the forummm.

12. :rofl: Sea eagles* Shows how much I know about Rugby League!