Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from a fresh P-plater

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by aussie_bas, May 7, 2009.

1. Just like the topic I just saw in this section, I just got my provisional license and I'm 33 :? :? .

Just to introduce myself, I'm 33 (as mentioned just before), Dutch by origin and moved to Sydney last year with my wife and two cats. We both got our Learner license last year, never ridden a motorcycle before. I now ride a 2000 Honda CB250 to work every day, except when it rains too hard. Ruby J., as she is called, performs her task very, very well.

Why join this forum? I'm thinking of trading in my trusty Ruby J. for something else. I want a real cruiser, I only bought the CB250 to take the provisional course as it was the same bike we did our learners on as well and it rides very easy.

So I'll be looking around here for tips on a "new" bike. Have my thoughts set to possibly a Yamaha XVS650 V-Custom but haven't got the funds to buy one yet. Maybe a nice Honda V25?? I'm a cruiser, not a racer.

Looking forward to hearing from you all and maybe someday meet some of you as well.
  2. your not a p plater, your over 30 so u should be a mature rider, no p plates
  3. Hi, welcome to Netrider. :)

Unless I'm misinterpretting "Dutch by origin, moved to Sydney last year", the OP has not held an Australian driver's license for over 5 years, therefore they are not eligable for the Mature Age Rider scheme. :)
  4. Yes, you are correct. I've had a car license for 15 years, but it's not a NSW one so I don't qualify for mature age rider scheme. Therefore as of yesterday I've attached the nice, shiney, red P-plate onto my CB250. I'm already glad I only have P1 and don't have to go through the whole P1 and P2 scheme as well.
  5. G'Day and welcome Bas.