Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mattychops, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Another newbie.

My name is Matt, I live in Brunswick West, Melbourne... I got my learners a few weeks ago at HART in Tullamarine, great place and great instructors. Since then I've enjoyed exploring the local suburbs, and also cruising out to Whittlesea and Kinglake area.

I'm riding a 96 GPX250, which is currently my mates, but I will buy it off him in a few months. He rides a CBR600RR. When we go on rides I try to keep up, he has to slow down for me sometimes.. When we go out Whittlesea area I tell him I will meet him in the next town.

Bought a proper riding jacket this weekend from Bikers Gear Australia in Phillip Island, it's leather with shoulder, arm and back protectors that are CE.. What do people think of Bikers Gear Aus?

Still wearing normal jeans and blundstones, I tried on some leather pants and boots at Bikers Gear but didnt like them, I think Draggins might be the ones for me, as for boots I dont know. I'm wearing Dainese gloves which look cool but also look they should have been cheaper than what i paid for them, $99 down from $179. Also a KBC helmet, not the cheapest model, but the 2nd cheapest model I think.

Thats my story for now :grin:

BTW anybody looking for a place to live in Brunswick during April and May? We need a room filled by someone quiet and friendly.

EDIT: Gloves
  2. Welcome to Netrider. Good to see you spending come cash on good gear, you won't regret it..
  3. Hey Matt, welcome to NR :)
  4. hi and welcome to NR
  5. g'day and welcome
  6. Cheers guys