Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi everyone.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Treffynnon, Sep 1, 2006.

1. I am have been wanting to get a bike since before I can remember, but every time I have got close to riding/learning something gets in the way. Anyway I am booked in for the learners/intro course, but I am still tossing up whether I should buy a bike.

I know, I know why take the test if your not getting a bike. Well I am going overseas early next year so I am not sure what to do. But I am thinking of selling my car and buying a bike. Probably something like a Honda Spada.

Like all motor related stuff, heart says yes, mind says no. I have missed out on two excellent vintage Alfas due to this ridiculous conflict. :)

Simon

2. Welcome Simon.

My opinion sell the car and buy the bike. :grin:

3. I agree with cadbury

4. Same here
    DIVA

5. Well, yes, but ooo, vintage Alfas are soo betwitching.

Welcome anyway; if you decide to get a bike, you'll plenty of help here..

6. Yeah it is very tempting. Thanks for the welcomes.

I have had a couple of Alfas (Sprint & 75 V6), but I am now driving a Ford Mondeo :( I wish I could afford to keep the car and add a bike. A/C is nice in summer ;)

7. For practicality = Car

For pleasure = Bike

May I suggest simply selling your car and buying a cheap car + bike?

8. Welcome Treffynnon.
    Just reminding you that people here are biased towards bikes. If you asked them which 1, bike or car. You surely know what their answer would be.

9. Hi there Dr Nick

Welcome to whatever :LOL: :LOL:

10. Welcome to the forums Treffynnon.
    I would suggest getting a bike and then booking in for your License test before you head overseas. Depending on how long you will be overseas, by the time you get back to Aus you won't have long to wait till you are on a full license without the restrictions.

11. im definatly biased towards bikes.

but listen to that voice in your head... no not the one telling you to kill people... the other one who is telling you to get the bike....

Welcome!!! :LOL:

12. Don't ask me for advice - I kept my Alfa 33Ti, and my MR2 and bought a bike (so many rego payments :(). Though must say if I had to pick one it'd be the MR2 - bike's are fun up until the point it starts snowing :LOL:.
    I'd willingly swap the lot though for an Alfa 33 Stradale :).

13. Hey Simon,

Welcome aboard from a fellow noob. Good on you for doing the learners course, you'll have a good time and it's a great feeling when you've passed. Took me over ten years to finally do it, wishing now that I had done it sooner.

Personally I would at least keep a cheaper car on the go (practical) and get yourself something older but decent like the Spada you've suggested. I resisted the urge to buy a newish VTR250 and saved 3 grand by buying a Spada (I pick it up today!!!). They're a great first bike.

Happy learning :grin:

Cheers,
    Chris

14. lucky i dont listen to the voices dante...:LOL:

welcome to netrider! buy a bike NOW!

15. no snow in mogo

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    i am a poet :cool:

16. I know people who would willingly swap organs for a Stradale. Personally I reckon they are nice, but my long term dream is to build a Lancia Stratos replica.

17. welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Welcome ..

Sell the car .. hell there is this called home delivery for your grocery shopping & for larger items freight, hell its costs next to nothing.

Xmas shopping time we have a steady stream of freight delivers @ this place.