Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Athame, May 2, 2005.

1. Hi everyone i am 31 years old and have had my 'L's for 6 months..
    I went through a mid life crisis at 30.. :LOL: ..lol

I should have done it years ago, i cant think of anything better than going for a ride.... :D

i cant wait for the next ride to come up, hope to see you all there

cheers
    Athame

2. welcome aboard, if only I had my damn L's!! not long now though!

3. Welcome to the forums, hope to see you on the next ride or may be at friday night coffee

4. welcome to the forums... and join us as well at the rides and the coffee nites!

5. Welcome Athame!!

what model of CBR do you have the CBR250R or the CBR250RR?

Either way if you are looking for technical info you might like to join up on the below forum as well. Not that the guys and gals here wouldn't be able to help.
    http://www.cr-x.org/cbr250/forum/

6. Hi Athame..

Welcome to the forum..

7. Hi Athame,
    So good to see other L platers on here. I have had my L's for almost a week (woo hoo), and still wobbly and nervous, but loving it like crazy. By the way, I'm older than you, so my mid-life crisis must be..well.. oh doesn't matter!
    Welcome, from one newbie to another! :)

8. helooooooo :)

9. hey Athame, welcome to the world of bikes...and wind, and rain, and being able to smell the rain before the car dudes do 8)

10. Hey guys...

thanks so much for all your hello's and your repeat posts...lol

Matt... thanks for the link, my hubby has used it to check stuff on my bike and he is teaching me the in's and out's of a bike... oh my bike is a 250RR

its great to see all the support and look forward to meeting all of you on the rides...

cheers for now..
    Athame

11. Athame - welcome to the forum. Any significance of the nickname?

12. Just spotted it Nodz..where we come from it's where you would be without a bike :p

13. hi athame.. welcome to the forums, im just down the road from you, might see you sometime, or catchup for a ride if ya dont mind a cruiser , im a 2month old on the road learner.
    well happy and safe riding
    Mel

14. So how do you reach the gearshift and rear brake?

15. Welcome to the forums Athame. Nothing wrong with getting your L's at 30, I did the same and haven't regretted it for a second :D
    What does hubby ride? You guys should try to make it down to Friday or Monday night coffee, see posts in the announcement sections :)

16. Given the nickname and the location I would guess - Wicca

OK, I grew up amongst Hippies

Welcome to the forums from another motorcycle convert at 30 years

:D :D :D

17. G'day and Goodonya Athame

Welcome to the wacky world of netrider.

I had my second childhood (or was that third? Wife reckons still in the first!!) at 44 :shock: so you young pup's got a long way to go yet.

JJ

18. Hi there Athame.

I'm 30 and going for my L's tomorrow!
    Not so much a mid life crisis as the need to commute for my new job :)

19. Noticed that too... black-handled blade, IIRC. Not that I would know anything about such things. Of course not. :shock: :p

Welcome buddy - whole lotta crazies in here but they're all good fun! Enjoy. :)