Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mario2000, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm from the Liverpool area.
    I'm new to NR and also new to the motorcycle world or as my kids say going through my "middle age crisis" :)
    I'm currently on my Ps and looking forward to get my black in November this year.
    I have a 2012 Yamaha XVS650 Custom and very happy with it but interested on adding some gear or do some minor mods to it so I'm sure I'll be asking some advice from some of you.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome to the forum mate.

Some pretty useful info on here. Don't be afraid to ask, we've all been there going through the newby stage.

Enjoy the ride
  3. Thank you
  4. Welcome to the forum,mate. I'm similar to you - "middle age crisis" time. I'm on a 2015 XVS 650 Classic and on my L's. Will be going for the test in September, but won't be going onto P's because I've been driving a long time. South Australian thing.

5. gday Mario2000Mario2000 and welcome to NR - plenty of old codgers finding out that riding is just the best think you can do with your clothes on, you'll be asking yourself 'why didn't I do this sooner?'. don't take offence at the old codger comment, I'm 50+ :p
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome Mario2000Mario2000 to a 2nd life stage - reborn again - hobby that keeps on giving! :)
    Enjoy the journey!
  7. Welcome aboard :)
  8. Welcome mate :cool:
  9. Welcome :)
  10. Welcome Mario2000Mario2000
    A familiar route for many.
  11. Welcome to the group mate.
  12. #12 Andrew West, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Welcome Mario2000Mario2000 , I think it's perfect your kids think it's a 'mid life crisis' because you can tell them you need as heaps time in the saddle to get it out of your system ;).
    Keep an eye out in the NSW rides thread if you're keen on a few group rides.
  13. Howdy and welcome!
  14. Hi Mario2000Mario2000, welcome to NR. Beautiful bike! Congrats on taking the leap and starting the life on two wheels (y) Apparently riding is the best way to keep young :happy: Looking forward to seeing some pics of your Yamma :snaphappy:
  15. Thank you
  16. Thank you chilliman64. Agree, if it wasn't for a friend that instigated I would only be driving.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Thank you everyone for the nice welcome to NR.:)
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Welcome to NR..

I'd the XVS 650 Custom as well, from 2011 to 2015. Clocked up about 40K kilometres on it. Was a fantastic bike...

First mod, i would go for Vance and Hines Cruzer exhaust..