Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi Everyone,

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by JaddoFett, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hey there,
    Im from Portland in South West Victoria. I have had my motorbike license for a bit over three years now, but grew up riding dirt bikes as a kid. Have always loved bikes. :)

I currently ride a 1980 Yamaha XS 250 which was the first bike I ever purchased for myself, and have recently bought a 1984 TS 250X to fang around in the dirt.
    The XS 250 is my commute for Uni, and does the job nicely but is very poor when it comes to long distance riding.
    I Have recently been looking into converting it to a 400cc, (which is how I stumbled across netrider) however parts are almost impossible to find in Australia.
    If anyone has any experience with importing parts from America, or can point me to a thread which might help me out I'd appreciate it. :)

Anyhoo, thanks for reading and forgive me in advance for the silly questions I will probably ask along the track. :)
  2. Welcome Jaddo,
    Good luck with your project.
  3. welcome to NR and no silly questions here. but you may see some smart arsed answers lol ;) enjoy
  4. Hi and welcome to NR. :)
  5. hey jaddo
    I had an xs250 back in the day
    rode it to Mildura and back and it went ok
    yes people were doing the 400 conversion back then
    but most ended up buying the 2 stroke rd and converting them over to 350
  6. welcome aboard:]
  7. Welcome to NR