Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Shelly, Feb 10, 2015.

1. My nickname is Shelly, I am new to this website. I live in the Ipswich area. I have a 2008 Daytona. I love my bike and is nearing the time for me to share my pride and joy with the other love of my life, my son. He is now 8 years old and is legal to have his feet on the back pegs!! Yay, and the joy is that I too will get to ride my bike more often, LOL! A win win situation all round. I don't suppose, anyone can offer any feedback on which type of gearsack rack would suit this make and model bike the best?
    I hope to make some new friends here and am hopeful to meet up with others for rides in the future.

2. Welcome to you and your boy!
  3. Welcome!
  4. Hi Shelly, Gearsack used to be good but their quality has gone downhill. Ventura I would say. That style of bag is good for young pillions too it gives them a bit more security. Go for one that is expandable like the Aero-Delta VII.

With a light pillion and a bag hanging backwards on the bike it makes the front end light. Better if you can hang the bag forward and your son can use it as a backrest even though the manufacturer generally recommends against this. It puts the weight over the rear wheel instead.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome to NR...
  6. welcome aboard shelly :]
  7. Welcome Shelly ! Enjoy Netrider and the joys of sharing wonderful experiences with your son :)
  8. Welcome to the forum!
  9. Welcome to NR - enjoy the adventures with your son
  10. Thank you :)
  11. Thanks for the advice Chris :)

13. Thank you everyone for your friendly words of welcome!!

Well, my little fella tested out sitting on the back yesterday, he is even more anxious to come riding with me now!! LOL! Still contemplating though whether to invest in another bike for the school run and keep the Daytona to ride on my child free weekends?? The pillion seat is so much higher! Hmmm what to do?
    Have a good weekend one and all. Thank you for the advice on the Ventura gearsack rack, I will google and check it out.

Later :)
    • Like Like x 1