Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Jason71, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Hi there,

My name's Jason, I'm from the northside of Brisbane and I'm 42 years old.

I've had my RE licence for a few weeks now and a week ago I picked up a second hand 2007 VTR250 with 16,000 k's on the clock, what a great little bike!

I rode dirt bikes as a kid for about 10 years and finished up on an old XR250. All the skills from those years has come flooding back to me and I'm loving the 25k commute to and from work, I wish I'd done this years ago.

I filled the bike up with fuel during the week, cost me $13, that's what I call sticking it to the man!

Anyway, thanks for all the info in the forums so far, I hope to contribute as much as I can in the future.

2. Welcome to NR Jason.

Bikes are so much fun! I also grew up around bikes and rode on my grandparents farm in central VIC. I had my licence years ago but sold my bike and let it expire, and am now on my L's again..(not for long though!!)

I don't mind the VTR's. My bro in law had one a few years ago, b4 he bought a harley.

Geez, There's a few Jason's on here now! Have fun out and about! :dance:

Kow8ell (Jason)
  3. Hi Jason
    Welcome from another canetoad ... there are a few here :) to add some leaven to that southern mob.
    Happy commuting (y)
  4. Welcome Jason. And remember, Wednesday night (and for the next 100years), QUEENSLANDER, QUEENSLANDER, QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!
  5. Hellooo jason, go the Reds
  6. Thanks for the welcome guys. You're a bloody friendly bunch!

Hanging out for Wednesday night!
  7. We like to give you a sense of the warm and cudlly stuff then we throw our well fed trolls at you ;)
  8. Welcome. Go maroons! 8 str8!