Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi everyone!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by PEEair, Jan 1, 2012.

1. I've been lurking this forum for a while now and has finally decided to join up. I just got my L in November and bought a white Ninja 250r.

I've got no experience on a motorbike prior to getting my L and I'm embaressed to say that it took me 3 tries to pass. I think it because I have never took the time to learn how to ride a bicycle haha. After the 2nd fail I borrowed one to practice on and passed the test with flying colours. ](*,)

2. Hi there PEEair - nice to have you along.

Yeah, I think learning to ride a motorbike without ever having learned to ride a push bike would make it pretty hard. It depends what sort of motorbike I suppose, but in most cases I think many hours spent pedalling around in circles and figure eights and stuff help enormously.

I've just got my grand daughters a PeeWee50 with training wheels, so I guess we'll see.