Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by YamahaWoman, Oct 18, 2011.

1. I had a Suzuki Intruder 250 about 5 years ago but chickened out and didn't get my license. (Probably a good thing at the time, I didn't have a car license either so had no on road experience.) I missed the bike for the last 5 years, would love to have another one, just trying to warm my Mother up to the idea again... she's not too keen. I still have all my bike gear and friends of ours have offered for me to come up to their property and teach me how to ride their trail bike. Yes, I never learned how to ride. ](*,) I went and bought some Kevlar jeans today, they're very comfortable and now I'm really getting excited about learning to ride!

2. Hi Tahlia, whereabouts are you located? Have you had experience riding on the back of a motorcycle before?
    Definitely get out there and do it, if it's for you, once you start doing it you will never want to go back! I recommend getting on the back of a motorcycle to see what being exposed to the elements is like, but you may find that you much prefer being in control to being on the back.
    Good luck with it!
  3. I'm in Geelong. I've been on the back of a few bikes, there's nothing like it. I went on the back of the Suzuki I had a few times, very smooth and great sound, plus it wasn't too loud. You're right, I like to have the control, I feel much safer that way. Can't wait to learn :)
  4. well like I said good luck with it, are you planning on getting another intruder or something else?
  5. I'll get another Intruder, it's nice and low which is great for me and my short little legs lol, I'm only 5ft1. The bike is nice and light too which is good :)
  6. are you gonna drill holes in the exhaust? ;)
  7. Welcome to the roads, finally, and to Netrider :).
  8. Thanks hornet :)