Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by JayC, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Just though I would introduce myself.

I have been reading this forum for about 12 months now and thought it was about time I joined.

I have been riding for just over 12 months and got my licence last weekend along with my husband. I ride an RVF400 which I got 3 weeks ago, before that I had a CBR250R which I still have but will need to sell soon.

I am a late starter, I was into horses before the bikes, I have been riding since I was 10yrs old and used to do eventing which was a great thrill but had to give up due to a back injury, I still have 1 horse left. But something was missing, the thrill of the ride, so I turned to bikes, I needed something and my husband and I can do it togeather, and I love it.

My husband also rides an RVF 400, they are a great, fun bike to ride.

Well thanks for listening, I look forward to joining the discussions.
  2. welcome and congrats on licence
  3. Hi, its great to see another lady rider here! Welcome to the group. I used to ride horses too all my life, but now I am enjoying riding with 58 of them all at once instead of only one!!!
  4. Welcome to NR. Now, which is more dangerous .. bikes or horses :D
  5. Welcome to Netrider, enjoy :)

I know we have a few husband and wife teams here, but I'd guess you are the only one to have the same bikes :LOL:.
  6. Hi and welcome to netrider
  7. Yay another lady rider! (and welcome to your husband too) :)
  8. Welcome jayc...You sound a lot like me, i have been riding horses since i was 2 years old and had to give up serious riding after a lower back injury...
    I too felt that missinf " rush" and thats how i found bikes,,,

Me and my husband ride, he rides a sports tourer and i ride a cruiser....

Go the GIRLS ; )
  9. Welcome to NR JayC and mr JayC ..

Enjoy ur stay and catch you on a ride one day !!!

pics please :D
  10. Hello and welcome
  11. Thanks everyone for the great welcome. I would have to say horses are more dangerous, they have a brain and sometimes think differently to you, but both of them give you a 'rush'.
  12. Hi JayC and Mr JayC. Welcome to NR
  13. Bikes dont kick, bite, pigroot, or shy. I read somewhere that riding a bike (in general) is less dangerous than riding horses.
  14. I've never had a bike leave a perfectly formed hoofprint on my thigh, nor leave me with a lacerated kidney after throwing me off over a jump and kicking me.

I'll stick to the steel ponies :)