Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi Everyone! Newbie in Brisbane!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by gracebeey, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Hello everyone!

I am yet another newbie from sunny Brisbane, googly eyed and excited about this wondeful bike lifestyle!

I've actually joined Netrider since about 5 months ago, and have been reading every single (almost) post there is. I'll just say that it's been a big help! This forum is a wonderful starting point for a girl who doesn't know much about bikes. 5 months ago, I wouldn't even know what a GSXR is, but now I know exactly what most bikes I see on the road or magazines are.

After a long wait, I've finally managed to jump on board, and went for my first 6hr QRide session at Morgan & Wacker yesterday. That was the best day ever! I'm kicking myself for not having a bike yet - I'm dying to practice. I'm going back for a 2hr session tomorrow.

Anyhow, I can go on and on about how exciting this whole thing is, but I'm sure you guys know all about it yourselves!
    I'll be sure to update you all about my QRide progress, and maybe one day (soon, I hope) we can all have a ride! :) Nice to meet you all!

2. g'day

3. [IMG:55:36:2d0abe8c28]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/welcome.gif[/img:2d0abe8c28]
  4. G'day and welcome Gracebeey. Glad to see another brisbanite on the forum.

It's a good day when you do Q-Ride that is for sure. I did mine at Morgan & Wacker at slack creek it was a blast.

What bike have you got on your 1st bike wish list?
  5. I love some fresh enthusiasm - it reminds us of why we do what we love and why we are here (not that we need reminding, but it's still nice)! Welcome and enjoy.
  6. Welcome Grace - riding's awesome! Glad you've finally taken the plunge and started at Qride. Well done!
  7. Welcome Gracebeey - hope you get as much from the experience as the rest of us.
  8. Hiya Grace, from another (relatively new) Brisbanian. We need to organise another ride...
  9. Thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone! :)

I did my second QRide session (2hrs) this morning, at Morgan & Wacker springwood/slacks creek. I was so bummed out when I was driving there and saw the heavy cloud, but it cleared out, so it was meant to be :)

They've been training me on the CB250, and because I'm going for my open, I got to try out the bigger bike at the end of today. I had a 650 BMW sports-tourer (I'll admit, not sure what model, as I'm not too familiar with BMWs!). I was a bit scared when they told me to jump on the 650, I mean, I could barely touch the ground when tip-toeing (I'm a devastating 161.25cms). However, it was very enjoyable! It's not a sportsbike, so it didn't jump off and scare me I suppose. It was just very very fun! :grin:

Yes, my dream bike! I'm thinking about getting either a VTR250, GS500 or ER-5. Sensible options for a sensible girl :p Wouldn't mind a CB400 either, but they're grey so I'm not sure. What do you think? My budget is a STRICT $6,000 On The Road. MAX. As a first bike, I will probably drop it at some point, so I'm not looking for a new or pricey bike.

Next QRide session (3hrs) is next Saturday :( If I can do it everyday I would, I'm very keen, but there's this unfortunate thing called work....spoilsport.

10. Hi gracebeey, welcome to the forums :)
  11. Howdy and welcome. :beer:
  12. Welcome gracebeey.
  13. Welcome, Grace. All these new riders, all starry-eyed, remind you again of why we started doing what we are doing now, don't they???

Any help we can offer, Grace, just ask......
  14. Hoorah! Another Brisbanite dons two wheels :cool:
    as you're short like myself, I found the cbr600's to be nice'n'low to the ground (although the ones at the Qride where I went at prohonda rocklea seemed to be made for giraffes!) and pretty smooth on the power. I've got a friend with a Honda NT400 (bros) and she's not too tall either (apparently it was lurv at first sight!).
    Let us all know when you get your wheels Grace !