Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi everyone - new member

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Jase, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Hey everyone,

I've been looking at these forums for a few weeks now and thought I'd better stop lurking behind the shadows and say hello! :)

I am currently living in Mansfield, which is NE Victoria for those that don't know, at the base of Mt. Buller. I do head into Melbourne a few times a month usually.

I did my L's back earlier in the year, and although I haven't gotten around just yet to making the big purchase (I'm set on an Across), I've taken the option of buying the right clothing first. I've got a helmet and some boots, I just need a jacket and some leggings and then I will be set - apart from the bike of course! :wink:

That said, I did ride a Kaw GPX around for a few days about a fortnight or so ago, just to keep me skills up and so forth, and I had an absolute ball.

It is so great to see these message boards around, and I am looking forward to going on a few rides / catching up for coffee etc.

Regarding shopping night @ BikeMart in Ringwood (3/11), if work finishes on time I can probably get there about by 8pm. Whilst it will be good to see a few faces, I do need to buy some clothing and I am wondering if it will be worth my while in that regard? (I guess the majority of things won't have "run-out" by that time?)

So yeah, just thought I'd say hello, and if someone can answer my question about the BikeMart shopping night that would be great.

Cheers everyone and I'm sure I'll see you around,

2. Heya,

Welcome to the forum :D I fing this place very entertaining :shock:

Ride safe and have fun :twisted:

Lisa :twisted:
  3. Welcome to the forums. Lot's of wonderful (*cough cough*) people to help you out here.

You're doing right - gear first, then bike. BikeMart does has some good specials, but check out the secondhand boxes around the shops as well. I got my jacket from one of those for $300 less than off the shelf. Perfect condition too.

Don't let anyone get to you about wanting an Across. Trust me, they will bag you senseless, but that's just them. The other Across riders will stick up for you.

Again, welcome and hope to see you at coffee one Friday.
  4. Yiasoo
  5. Hi there Jason,
    Beautiful part of the country you live in :)
  6. I live in Alexandra, sorrta your way. Should cruise down here for a ride sometime.

Discovered some killer riding spots...
  7. Hey Jase, welcome aboard! :)
  8. Hi Jase,

Welcome to the forums. :D

I was in your shoes (not literally!) when I discovered Netrider. Everyone helped me out heaps with their advice, you will find most people very helpful! ;)
  9. Yeah I kinda got that impression!

Thanks for the hellos everyone.

Yeah Angel, the country is quite nice around here. It's been great to see so many riders around here over this long weekend - I just wish I could join 'em! It's made me more keen to get a bike even faster :D

And vOOdsy, Alexandra isn't that far away Mansfield...once I get a bike I'll have to take you up on your offer.
  10. Gday and welcome to the site 8)
  11. Hello!! And welcome!!

:D :D :D
  12. howdy and bonjour!!!
  13. howdies fella! you've managed to impress me already :wink:

welcome to the forums :D
  14. G'day Jase!

And welcome aboard! :)
  15. G'day Jase!

And welcome aboard! :)
  16. Weeeeeeellllllcome to the broads!

I mean boards!!
  17. Welcome to the forums :)
  18. Hi Jase. Welcome.
  19. Hi Jase and welcome to the forums. The netrider shopping night will get you some great bargains and is well worthwhile. Might see you there tonight. Just introduce yourself to a few people so that you can put some faces to names :)
  20. Welcome aBoard Jase. Good luck in getting your dream bike and getting out there. Hope to see you either at shopping night, or on a ride sometime.