Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi Everyone- Introducing myself..

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by BlackSparrow, Jun 3, 2015.

1. New to motorcycling as of about 9 months. Bought a bike after my mate who owns a z800 and is doing a cafe racer refurb endlessly harassed my to get a bike so we could do group rides.

I bought a VTR-250 and just got my P1's. Getting a bit over that and want to try a new bike so im gonna sell and look at something sportier like a pre-restriction period CBR 250RR or ninja ZX-2r. Also looking at the RVF-400 depending on $$.

I have a question. Does anyone know what the make / model of the bike in the film "kill the messenger". The one that Gary owns and it gets stolen. I like the retro lines on that bike.

Nice to meet you all. Cheers.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. G'day and welcome to the forum, Durbz77.

The motorcycle in the film 'Kill the Messenger' could be a 1970 TR6 C Trophy 650.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 cjvfr, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Welcome Durbz77

Haven't seen the film but the actor concerned says it was a Honda Interceptor in this interview

A few bikes called the Interceptor from Honda. At first I thought they must have meant the VF1000 but the VF500F was also called the interceptor.
  4. Welcome to the two-wheeled roads, and to Netrider.

As to the bike, I have never heard of the movie, so I've go no clue :LOL:
  5. Welcome mate
  6. Welcome to NR :)

Lots of good advice and amazing friendly people... Oh hang on ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Welcome to NR.
  8. welcome aboard :]
  9. Welcome to Nut Rider. The natives are generally friendly and have lots of experience to impart.
  10. Yeah that's it! Vf500r
    Sweet. Thanks guys. Nice bike.

Dreaming about the one day I'll restore one of those. Either that or an NSR 250