Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi everybody!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by senior, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Hi, my name is Andrew.
    I just got myself a piglet and the learners licence.

Thanks to my son, my interest in biking is being rekindled big time.
    To be honest I got a bit jealous of him riding his bike all the time and everywhere.

Earlier this year, I rode a motorcycle for the first time after nearly 40 years.
    A bit wobbly at first, but... hell, I loved it.
    So I decided to get my own, and here I am.
    ;-)

Looking forward to meeting you all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Andrew. It's never too late to start again, just be aware that the same rules still apply. Every other vehicle, including other bikes, is a potential hazard, and the ground is just as hard. Thankfully the gear we can buy is infinitely better than back then; jackets actually keep the cold and rain out, and protect you as well....

3. Hi Andrew. I have a similar story although I'm not quite back on my bike yet. Still with mechanic restoring the old girl. He is taking his time but that's kinda ok cause I'm a bit cash strapped atm.
    Anyway welcome to what is known as nutrider. I've found this site to be awesome. Everyone is so happy to help with all kinds of info etc. There are a few smart arses around but well that's their problem.
    Keep upright old fella & take care in that mad Sydney traffic.

4. Welcome back to 2 wheels..

Your pic looks like my avatar...

5. Welcome to the nut house and hope to catch up on a ride real soon.

6. Good work Andrew, and welcome to Netrider.

7. Welcome from another recent return to 2 wheels! Lovin' it again....

8. Welcome!

See if you can attend the Sydney Learners sessions at Homebush on a Saturday - many others in the same position you are in with lots of experiences to share! Well worth it

9. Hi dad. Welcome to Netrider.

You should join me at the learner sessions in Homebush. We'll get those wobbles out in no time.

10. Thank you for the warm welcome, guys.
    I'll try to be at Homebush this Saturday, weather permitting.

@Lazy Libran@Lazy Libran: naaa... yours is definitely prettier ;)

11. You'd probably be better off with a bike, but enjoy that piglet. Is it like Pooh's?

Welcome to the forummm

12. Hello & welcome Dr Nick :]