Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi, and thanks for all the info

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Nivek, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Well it started out one day when I thought I would get a small (50cc) bike as transport to work when the wife needed the car.

Progressed to looking for a retro scooter (I remember them from when I was a kid in the UK) and then a guy in the bike shop sat me on the 250 cc Intruder - I was convinced that this was the bike for me!

Today, however, a mate (who rides a Ducati STs4) took me to the bike show and sat me on a XVS650...boy am I hooked!

This took 3 weeks, never ridden a bike before and now I'm booked in for the 2 day course on the 14th and 15th at Penrith to get my Ls

Got home and did a Google for XVS650 and found everything I needed to know right here. What people think about them and how many others have struggled with the decision to go with a 250 first or jump straight into a 650...Also, lots of great advise on how to prepare for the L and P tests.

So, thanks for all the help and advice guys, look forward to meeting along the road one day..... unless things change, I'll be the one with the grey hair on the red XVS650.
  2. Welcome mate. Salesmen must live for people like you.

Take a few weeks. The Yam must have at least 3 direct competitors on the market.
  3. Excellent stuff, Kev! And welcome :)
  4. the only competitor to the vstar is the hyo aquilla 650 in restricted form, no other manufacturers build a cruiser thats not a 250, under the lams 660ml limit

thats what is good about the act, not that i am in the act with regards to licensing, but they have no size limit just power to weight, vulcan nomad 1600's are learner legal in canberra