Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi All

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by oz_mick, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Just joined and wanted to say hi.

A bit about me I started riding bikes when I was a teenager in the um 70's. Finally got my full licence in the 80's. Rode in Australia, Malaysia and Thailand. Then got married and thats when the riding stopped.

So after a 22 year absence and an ex-wife I have got back into riding in a big way. This year I bought a Yamaha XT250 trail bike and a mint 1986 Yamaha Virago XV 750 (my new love). Next year an adventure bike or a touring bike LOL maybe both.

I really want to get into the group rides so when my schedule with my four kids allows I hope to meet you all on one of the rides. I am fairly quiet to start but once I get to know you I get a bit noisier.

If you see a two tone blue virago with rider all in black puttering arround the streets of Dipswich QLD then toot n wave coz thats me.

Anyway I have waffled enough, so Hi to all
  2. Welcome to netrider :)
  3. G'day and welcome.
  4. Welcome Aboard !

That's when the fun stops for quite a few of us :oops:
  5. Welcome to NR. Plenty of folk on here have a similar story to tell re coming back to riding after a break!

BTW....Know Ipswich well. Worked for Aust Hboards a few years ago. :)
  6. Welcome Mick,
    Get in amongst it mate and enjoy
  7. Thanks for the comments and the welcome :)

Oh I am getting amongst it, most days after work I go for a ride arround the streets to a place called "nowhere in particular".

I look for any excuse to go for a ride. Tonight went for a nightride with my neighbour.
  8. Well they do say that the first 25years are the hardest.
    Guess you wont be finding out for a while.

Marridge is an institution,(and who wants to live in an institutiion)?

PS I am married 9 years.

I fell ya dawg!! LOL

Anyhoo welcome!!

All the best

9. :shock: Your right,,,,, but stupidly I would do it all again for the right woman :?

I guess min requirements would be must have own bike

10. HI and welcome, I just joined NR too.
    My Ex-husband wouldn't let me have a bike... but I picked the right one 2nd time around and no.2 hubby is on his L's riding with me! :LOL:

11. Yup I need to find someone like this too !!!!!!!

errr but a wifey not a husband

Thanks for the welcome all