Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by ac, Jan 20, 2006.

1. I've been reading the netrider forum for a while now and am getting back into riding after about 25 years away.
    After getting the L's in March last year I bought a Bandit in June, got my licence in September and am looking forward to a bigger bike later this year. Most of the riding I have done is commuting (mainly on freeways) but I ride a bit locally and take the occasional opportunity to head out around yarra glen etc for a few hours. It's as much fun as I remember.
    Thanks to all those who offer advice and opinions. I think they reach more people than you might realise.

ac

2. AC meet JB :LOL: he he welcome mate! i just joined up on the forums today myself :grin: happy days mate and remember live to ride and stay upright :biker:

3. Welcome AC

What made U get back in2 the swing of things after 1/4 of a century?

4. Hi and Welcome.

What part of Melbourne you from?

5. I'm in Boroondara and the idea to get back on a bike again took hold gradually and probably related to the feeling that there must be a better (more efficient and more fun) way to get around. I was spending more time stuck in the traffic and in a car there's nothing you can do about it.
    Of course once you've got a bike you can't just ignore it on weekends

6. Welcome fellow old bugger.

7. Hi ac! Welcome back to the wonderful world of motorcycling!

I'm in Glen Iris and regularly travel to and from Kew, so keep an eye out for the extra noisy red Duke with the unmistakable plates! :wink:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

8. Hi and Welcome. :)

9. Hi There just the same

back on bike after 20 years

has been fun for the last 6 months

10. welcome back to the best fun in the world..

11. Good stuff!

Welcome back :wink:

I'm new to the scene. Have never ridden nor been a pillion on
    a bike before till only a few mths ago

12. Thanks for the welcome. Seems like there maybe a few people in a similar situation - returning to riding or looking for sa change to the way we've done things.

ac

13. Gday AC good to see you have thrown ya leg ovewr the bike again. Happy riding

Cheers :cool:

14. Oh yeah, two more returnees! Welcome to the fun, again, folks, and welcome to Netrider, where the fun never stops :grin:

15. Kishy, Kishy, Kishy, and your riding a 99 ZX9R Ninja. Must be the pocket bike coming out in you. :LOL:

Also welcome AC, enjoy the site.

16. Howdy and welcome ac!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :grin: :grin:

17. Hey AC, welcome to the forums and congrats on getting back on 2 wheels. Hope to meet you at a coffee night or on a ride soon :)

18. Hi there AC, good to have another old fart in the show :wink: