Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by rolla_masta, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Hi all just got my learners in SA (mate conned me into getting my motorbike license) havent got the money yet for a bike, but i am looking around, whats the forums opinion on the yamaha FZR250 or a zippy 250 in general

2. Hello and welcome :)

FZR's are great little bikes.. we own 2 of them.. They go great on track days as well :)

3. Welcome to the forum rolla-masta, we've got a lot of members in Adelaide and I'm sure you're going to get lots of help here.

Just bear in mind that right at the moment we are very pre-occupied by the death of one of our member's wife in a car accident, so answers to your questions might be a bit slower than normal.....
  4. Welcome dude. Good to see some more Adelaideians in here.

In short the FZR is a good bike. Make sure you give it a straddle and some other bikes at the same time just so you know it is the right bike for you.
    Others i like:
    Kawasaki GPX250
    Kawasaki ZZR250
    Kawasaki ZXR250 (ZX2R)

No bias at all. Not a Yamaha and Kawasaki fanboy. :p
  5. Welcome Rolla :wink:
  6. Howdy & Welcome to the forums hope you enjoy your stay. :)
  7. Hello Rolla masta. Welcome. :)
  8. Now i am confused :shock:

Anyway, hi and welcome, :)
  9. G-doi moit & welcome.

You'll love wotever you get, Yammie, Suzie, Kwaka Honda....

Just try and sit/ride on as many as you can a see what fits you. Chances are you'll rock up somewhere, see a bike and say "that's it, that's the one" then it's problem solved :cool:

then you'll be hooked, there is no escape, your in it for good.

10. Welcome mate... :D
  11. welcome to the madhouse.. :LOL:
  12. thanks all for the warm reception, i guess i should try some bikes out and do some research first, plus this friday i got a interview with the MTA for a motorbike mechanic appreticeship, so hopefully all goes well \:D/
  13. Welcome to the Forums rolla

What ever you end up with you will enjoy. Happy riding and have fun

Cheers :cool:
  14. Congrats mate! Let us know when you have your bike!
  15. oo eck, chief, we've already got a Rolla and now we have a Rolla-Masta. Does that mean that our Rolla has been mastered? :p
  16. Welcome Rolla_Masta.

The FZR is a top bike, saw me through my learning stage without any problems at all. :)
  17. You would have to ask Flipper about that :p
  18. Welcome! The FZR is a quick little one, and a cheap alternative to the CBR250RR if that's the sorta bike you're after. Unfortunately they're a little older now, and I'm yet to see or hear of one without a few mechanical problems. If you're handy though, you should be able to look after one. :)

Good luck shopping!
  19. Yes, Rolla has been mastered ;)
    And welcome to the forums Rolla_masta :grin:

Can we please stop calling rolla_masta rolla cause I'm getting confused too!! :p
  20. sorry didnt realise that there was already a member called rolla, rolla_masta is just a name i use on other forums so i thought i would use it on this one