Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi All!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by TeeKey, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Hi Guys,

I'm Tom and I'm from Sydney. Today is exactly one month since I got my learner's licence! Having a motorbike was my goal/dream since I was a kid and I finally got one! Actually I got my GS500 2 weeks before the pre-learners course!

Been riding in all sorts of conditions day,night, sunshine, rain just to get accustomed to riding. Still having a bit of trouble cornering but I guess it will come with practice!

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi!

2. welcome aboard :]
  3. Welcome, you have the right idea, get out in all conditions while you are learning, can only help in the long run.

Cheers Jeremy
    • Like Like x 1
  4. As above....

Learning to ride in all conditions is very important.

There are many posts here re: cornering so just try to read through them and practice and practice.

And welcome to NR....

5. G'day Tom.
  6. Hi Tom,

Welcome to the enjoyable world of motorcycling. Very good choice of bike by the way. It will see you through your Ps and even then it is more than adequate when you're on your full license.
  7. Thanks a lot guys,

This forum is absolutely spot on! Love it!

Thanks @Bandit01@Bandit01 I was looking for something smaller but when I saw her I couldn't resist so far so good.
  8. Welcome!

Head on over to the Sydney Learner sessions each Sat at Homebush. Chance to practice the slow stuff.

Where in Sydney are you from?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hi GeorgeO!
    I'm planning on going there next weekend if work doesn't get in a way.
    I'm from Rockdale.