Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Jules83, Sep 23, 2014.

1. I'm new to riding after years of wanting to get a bike I finally got myself a bike... Haven't gone on any big rides yet but love it so much!

2. Welcome to Nutrider!

3. Welcome Jules :)

4. What's your bike? Is that a GS500F?

5.  Top
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to NR...

If you're new to riding, I would highly recommend the Sat practice.. Come down and say hello... Lots to learn from there. Plus a great bunch of riders as well. ;)

7. Welcome to Netrider!

8. welcome aboard the loony express known as nutrider

• Like Like x 1
  9. I am a bit of a nut so sounds like I'll fit in

Lazy libran ...... Where and when are sat practice? Been looking for chances to practice

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome Jules,
    Always plenty of rides and chat going on here.
    Which side of Melb are you on ?

11. #13 Jules83, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    I'm in fairfield so pretty central..... But I'm from the hills very keen to go for ride around there once I get confident with my cornering!

Thanks berty ..... Just saw that you posted details for sat practice..... I'll be sure to make it down one weekend soon

• Like Like x 1
  12. Don't give in to the temptation of the Kew Boulevard... Some bastard has been throwing tacks on the road around there for months. The last thing you need as a n00b is to have to keep a bike upright that's squirming around because it's going flat.

13. Thanks Danny ..... I did Circum to the temptation a few weeks ago but I'll stay away ..... Can not believe some people!

14. I've rarely gone there over the last two years. If I try to have fun on that road, I'll be at risk of losing my licence, and getting my bike impounded...

15. Lol..... I remain slightly sensible cos I can't afford to loose my licence! But I'm also still having heaps of fun being tame... How long will that last?!

16. It wil last until you have heaps of fun not being tame.

17. I feared that might be the problem

• Like Like x 1