Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by inspired, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Hi all,

Ive just recently purchased an RGV 250 (VJ21) which was purchased from a mate after lying dormant for over ten (10) years. Prior to this it spent its time as a track bike. It has a Yamaha TT 600 currently sitting where the old 250 used to be, and I know more than likely that it will have to go for it to be roadworthy.

Im looking at getting the bike back to roadwoarthy as a project and Ill be getting a TYGA performance kit to bring it to life, so Ill need to source another 250 for her eventually aswell.

I think I may have run into a snag though, as Ive found that there is no compliance placard anywhere on the frame. In fact, it appears to me the bike may have been orginally imported without getting any compliance and got put to use as a trackbike from the get go.

Does anyone have any experience with complying bikes or know how I would go about getting the old girl complied?

Id imagine this would only be possible via some form of engineer cert once completed and returned to her former orginal glory.

Any info would be great.

2. It sounds like a lot of work to go against the grain on a bike that can be bought fairly cheaply. Why not sell it as a track bike? It sounds incredibly appealing how it is, it seems like a shame to undo someone else's hard work?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm with Marty on this...
  4. Sourcing another rgv250...could provide a usable frame with a compliance plate to base the project on...
  5. Gday everyone. Thanks for the response. Ive just also come into possession of an R6, so that will become my focus for a while. In between jobs though, I think Ill do what was recommended and put her back on the track after some attention.
    • Like Like x 1