Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi! All

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by pod, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Been reading this forum for a while but usually have little to say. Thought I would make my presence known. I've been riding bikes for some years, dropped out for a while but am back now. Retired and only a fair weather rider now. Just do it for fun. Took a while to convince the wife that it was a good idea. I live in the Port Stephens area of NSW.

2. So for the older ladies...are you hot?

And welcome bud...get amongst it and join in....new input is always welcome
  3. Cheers bloke, nice part of the world there.
  4. It's so weird to read pod without an i :p

Anyways - welcome to NR and enjoy your stay.

Tell us something more about yourself. What was your first bike and what do you ride now?
  5. Easy on the old bit... Geez young people

Oh and welcome pod
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If I was to tell you a little about myself it would take hours and bore you all to tears. Suffice to say that I started when I was around 10 or 11 with a Royal Enfield 125 tearing up the lawn in my parents home in Melbourne. I have had a couple of Suzuki T250's Yamaha trail bikes, Norton 500's (old ones), and my favorite was a Honda CX500. I now ride a Yamaha XVS650 and love it. It has replaced the Honda as favorite. In the days that I did most of my riding a 750 was a big bike, now it is entry level. I have been reading this forum for a while and like what I see so thanks for having me on board.