Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by rorschach, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I have been reading the Netrider Forums for some time, which has helped me vastly in deciding whether to obtain my Learner's or not, to purchasing my first bike and safety gear. I have bought my bike (Honda Spada) about a month ago, and have finally dared joined the Netrider community after all.

I look forward to sharing and learning from you the wealth of knowledge here from all riders. Unfortunately, my learning will be mostly theoretical for the time being. I had a minor drop the other day and managed to damage the starter clutch. Waiting on part and repairs.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and thank you for your welcomes.
  2. Where are you located?
    I know 2 others on here with them and I know there are more Spada owners that I don't know on here. They're great bikes (I know, I have one. :D)
    Good luck with the repairs.
  3. welcome to NR, if in melb come to sat morn prac sessions and meet other spada owners
  4. Welcome to NR, and keep reading - lots of good stuff here.

The threads on cornering are a must, for eg.

Hope you get your bike fixed soon. Drops are a PITA. Been there, done that.
  5. Welcome to the Forum! Hope you can fix your bike soon!
    Saturday morning practice will get you going and lots of fun..
    Its a good thing to be surrounded by lots of experienced riders to learn and to be given heaps of advice!
  6. Thanks everyone for welcoming me.

I am in Melbourne, just up in the northern suburbs. I hope the bike gets fix soon, and will be very keen on joining a Saturday morning ride. Where could I find more information about this ride?

7. All good. A quick search and I've found it. Very keen to join once I get my bike back and build my confidence up a bit to head out in traffic. I dropped the bike on my second ride, unfortunately.
  8. Also there is a cruise on Tuesday nights.. if you want just show up and have ride with us!
  9. Hi and welcome to NR

Personally I would recommend daylight rides before night, the adrenalin can get a bit high on some of the night rides
  10. I can't wait to come out for a Saturday morning ride, and hopefully a Tuesday night one when I'm up for it.

11. Welcome, much to be learnt from here and great fun to be had
  12. Welcome!
  13. Welcome, just so you know, the satday morning learner Sesh isn't a ride, it's held in an empty carpark and more of a yarn session with a bit of cone weaving ;)
  14. Empty carpark sounds perfect, as I'm not yet confident. Looking forward to it. :)
  15. Welcome to NetRider. (y)

I would suggest the Saturday Sessions first before venturing out to night rides.

Have fun and ride safe. :D
  16. Ditto

And if you need help with riding before you are confident to get to Saturday Practice don't fgorget the mentoring thread in the New Riders Forum, where you can ask for help. Just let people know what suburb you are in so they know whether or not they are close by.
    • Like Like x 1