Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by captainspank, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Hi fellow riders,

Been a long time reader so figured I'd better start posting as I'm about to endeavor on some future bike projects.

So bit about myself;
    Currently ride a Kawasaki ZZR250 (Yes I'm a kind of newbie) with an outlook to upgrading to a Hyosung GT650r once I'm off probation. Though got a heap of experience on a recent bike trip in Taiwan traveling the country with M13 (I'm sure some of the bike riding youtubers will know who he is).

Also recently just brought two...yes two Honda VT250's which I'm looking to work on and convert into street fighters. Both need a bit of work which I'll be sure to post questions about in the future for. But sure to blog a fair bit about on G+ as it comes along.

Anyway "hi" and look forward to hearing what others have to say about their rides.

2. Interesting name, spankie. How did you come up with it? :)

And BTW, welcome to NR. (y)
  3. G'day Spankie, welcome along. We've got a few able seaman spankers around here, so it's good that we've got the captain to keep them in line. Good stuff. LOL.

Keep us up to date with your VT project, that sounds interesting. Pull up a chair and have a beer and enjoy yourself.
  4. Actually it's not as bad as it sounds. I used to do a lot of down hill MTB. And we used to call crashing 'spanking'...yep back in the days when it was still cool to use words like 'rad' and 'bogus dude'. Well I was the captain of this 'spanking' since if anyone was going to crash chances are it was me. Hence the coined 'Captainspank' ...it's actually captainspankmehard...but I like to keep it short sometimes. :)
  5. Already on it kneedragon, and with pics. lol

6. Hi captain and welcome, good work