Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Electro, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Hi all,

Been lurkin around the forum for a couple of weeks now and I thought I'd just register and introduce myself.

I'm from Melb, in my mid twenties and I finally trust myself enough to get a bike :wink:. I'm booked in at HART this weekend for that learners course and looking forward to it.

I've always been interested in bikes (or anthing that goes vroom fast) but just never got around to getting a real bike or licence because the younger me would've probably killed himself on a bike :grin:. A few weeks ago for some reason my desire to ride just came back and hit me and I thought I'm "sensible" enough now so hey why not.

Up until now have only riden a few small dirt bikes and a small monkey bike I bought when the craze hit some years back.

Anyway lot's of great info here from a bunch of helpful riders. Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

2. welcome and goodluck for this weekend

cheers stewy :)
  3. good luck buddy! :)

i managed to trust myself at 18... i just got back on my bike as i was unable to ride for a while... and i think thats gonna change :LOL:

cheers :)
  4. Welcome to Netrider, and the joy of two wheels :).
  5. Welcome, Hani

Funnily enough, I'm doing the same thing as you this weekend...except in Sydney :p and you have more experience on bikes than me.

Good luck for the weekend and the bike hunt!
  6. G'day dude,
    Welcome to Netrider & have fun with your HART course on the weekend.
    Enjoy !
  7. Thanks everyone...

Good luck daiakuji!! The general consensus is that the trainers are really good and you should pass with no problems. Don't stress...
  8. Hey mate, always nice to see a lurker covert to a poster - good luck with the L's - i'm sure I speal for all when I say you'll never look back!
  9. Welcome to NR!
    Good luck with your L's
  10. Hey mate, you posted on my thread so i'd thought i'd return the favour.

I myself am doing the HART course at Somerton this weekend. Though im doing the 2 day learner just to be sure. Will be a big weekend, but a fun one too. Might even see you there.

Take it easy!!

11. Yeah i'm doing the 2 day as well. I'll look out for you tim :grin: . Small world hah...
  12. For sure mate. Ill most likely be wearing my Draggin Urban cammo's and im also bringing my own helmet.
  13. Hi and welcome to NR.

Good luck to you and all the others doing their L's this weekend.
  14. Got it! (the L's)

The HART course was well worth it and now the only thing I'm sad about is that I don't have a bike yet - I'm working on it.
  15. So I take it the CBR was no good?
  16. yeah too rough...

Needs too much for rwc and been roughly resprayed and things just put me off it. Not worth the trouble. I'd rather spend a little extra and get a cleaner one.
  17. Congrats, Electro!

I got mine as well (well, just the permit. Still need to do the stupid knowledge test at the RTA somewhere). Suprised I passed because I stacked it on the 2nd day during the warmup and messed up here and there.

Good luck with your bike hunt.
  18. Oh well, still you'd be kicking yourself if you didn't go see it. Better luck with the next one eh?
  19. Yeah... I should've expected something like that for the price he was prepared to sell for. He reckons that he bought it from a dealer for 6.5k about 18 months ago - my ass...

Got about 3 or 4 on the shortlist will try to get to them over the next few days.
  20. Dealer eh? He probably bought it from Sumoto. 6 and a half K price tag sounds about right from them..