Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all, newbie saying hi

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tree-hugga, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Hi all,
    Just writing to say big hello. I've been a long time reader/lurker and finally thought i'd jump on baord.

Got my L's about this time last year and this forum has been a wealth of info as far as bike choice, servicing info and general knowledge. Bought the zzr in June last year and have clocked up around 4500 k's since.

A few quick thoughts...
    lotsa friends were telling me that i'd get hooked in a big way to riding and I brushed it off, as I was getting the bike for a bit of fun but mostly commuting. Well I can say I am definitely hooked big time and loving it. I can honestly say I hate driving the cage now and that every opportunity I can, I put on the the helmet and go riding (much to the displeasure of the girlfriend).

Also, cars have been a lot bettter (and I mean a lot better) than people made out. I have been riding a pushbike on the road for years (commuting and fitness) and I reckon that the motorbike is much safer as far road presence. No hairy moments so far...touch wood.

2. Welcome matey, what a good introduction!!

It is indeed an enduring and wonderful addiction, for which there is no known cure. Even abstinence eventually gives way to relapse! :LOL:
  3. You're not a greenie are you?? :eek:hno:

...Anyway welcome to the forums :)
  4. Yeah a bit of a greenie. It's what I do. Work on climate change issues.

Don't worry though...not too pushy with it all.
  5. Welcome Tree-hugga :grin: Riding a pushie will have been a fantastic grounding for motorcycling and is most likely the reason you haven't had any hairy moments! I agree motorbikes are far safer in terms of road presence, and also has a greater ability to escape bad situations, and you tend to wear better safety gear - all of which add up to a safer experiance all round! Enjoy!!

Remember - Shiny side up :grin: