Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all. Newb from Bris

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by MeltingDOg, May 28, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Already jumped the gun and posted a few but I thought it would be good to do a formal intro.

Just gotten into riding relatively recently actually when a friend bought a bike and did a week long trip with a small group and came back with all these stories. That and, I admit, I did watch the excellent series Long Way Round :)

So, I got my learners took my mates bike for a bit of a spin and found I was hooked, bought a little GN250, got my restricted license and here I am!

Am aiming to eventually upgrade to a more powerful bike I can take on long trips. Ultimate goal is to do a big trip in Mediterranean Europe, the US or South America...one day!

2. welcome newb.
    which area do you hail from??

3. Yes, welcome Melting.

4. Thanks! from Bardon

5. Lucky bugger! Good riding country, Bardon. Mt Cootha in particular, is delightful.

6. Ahh welcome. Sounds like a potential ironbutt / farriders candidate!

I too am a relativly new rider. Spent about 6-7 years on a scooter, then got a 250 scoot. Finally got a real licence and just bought a new Sport tourer (Trumpy Sprint ST) a few weeks back which I have done 1600km on the last 2 weekends! You too are a goner, you will get hooked like I did!