Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi All. New member from Caringbah in Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Felix, Jan 17, 2011.

1. G'Day all. Felix here.

I'm a new member and rider based in Caringbah Sydney.

I recently developed a bike addiction whilst on a 2 week overseas trip. Within one week of returning, I was booked in for my riders course and got my L's (Woo Hoo !!) the same afternoon I finished. Within 2 days I bought my first bike and cant get off the thing. I've been riding about a week now and have clocked up over 500km. A late starter at 40 years old but I'm starting to think that getting into this is one of the best things I have done... can you tell I'm enthusiastic ????? lol.

Really looking forward to improving my skills and am keen to do any and every course available for the purposes of becoming a better and safer rider. Also keen to meet other riders to share the fun with and learn from. Any advice or invitations to courses, events and rides will be greatly appreciated.

I took riding kit very seriously. Have bought leather jacket, kevlar jeans, good gloves, Shoei helmet and shin high riding boots.

As far as the bike goes, I just picked up a second hand black Kawasaki Ninja 650RL LAMS approved bike. I'm really happy with my decision and am having a great time on this bike.

Any other learners in the Sutherland Shire area who are keen for rides, please let me know.

I read somewhere about Tuesday night coffee get togethers. Is this on tomorrow ?

Thanks for listening to my rant.

2. Welcome Felix :D

The riding around there is brilliant! Royal National Park just south of you... VERY close, and some other roads (kept on the low) so go to the maps and enjoy the discoveries :D

Good call on the bike, the gear and the big amount of k's so far :D Sounds like you're an addict already, which makes you super cool!!

Hope to see you around on the forums lots!

3. Welcome in Felix, we run free learner session every Saturday 1pm at Homebush, check the NSW section
  4. Welcome Felix, I'm just over the bridge from you...
    So, wanna go for a ride on Friday or Saturday? I hear you're keen ;)
  5. Hey Holly,

Thanks for the advice. I grew up in Bundeena and did my first Nasho ride on Sunday. Made it easier knowing the road and had a great time. You are so right about my addiction.... guess you can spot a "junkie" a mile away.
  6. Welcome Felix, from an old Caringbah-ite, (Caringbah North Primary 1959 - 1961, Caringbah High 1962) :LOL:
  7. Hey NiteKreeper,

Absolutely. Count me in. Let me know when best suits you. I'm pretty flexible with my work so can time it around you.
  8. Awesome Goz. Thanks for letting me know. I'll be making them a regular Saturday thing. Really looking forward to it.
  9. Hey Paul. You're as local as they get. I'll look forward to seeing you round the traps.
  10. G'day Felix

Fun Ha!
  11. Cheers Ohmigosh !!
  12. Hey Felix, I'm also from Caringbah might see you around some time ;)

I'll need to get out to the learner session sometime to get some practice in.
  13. Hey there. If you feel like some local riding or someone to do the trek to Homebush with please PM me.
  14. Hey Devochka. Thanx for the greeting. What's doin ?