Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all i need some help.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by oldboy, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Hi everyone I need some help.
    I have a suzuki GSX1250FA and i love it but.....I am having trouble with the gears jamming when i change down forcing me to double clutch does anyone one have any suggestions and yeah i've taken it back to the dealer and they cant find anything wrong.

2. Never heard to have to double clutch on a bike before.. How old's the bike? If it's new and or still under warranty, surely the dealer has to fix the problem!! Have you contacted Suzuki themselves? Had a hunt around on forums all over asking the same question? Sounds like [if you feel gears are jamming] that you have something tight or over tightened, but does the problem ONLY happen when down changing?
  3. give it a rev while your changing, see what happens
  4. Its a 2010 model that i've had since easter, and yeah it only happens when i'm changing down but its an intermitent problem that doesnt always happen but it seems to happen at least once a day.
  5. I have no mechanical knowledge about the innards od a bike or it's gear box, but does it feel like something's 'holding' it from moving? just wondering if you might have something like 'fragments' or so inside the gearbox area [again I have no idea about the innards] just wondering if a change of oil might be worth a try?
  6. When was the last time you changed the oil?