Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi all, back again after a long break. With some sad news.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Doggy, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Hi there all, some of you will remember me from a couple of years ago. I got a job working on an on-shore drilling rig and bought a house, moved the family etc and was flat out working (I work 14 on 7 off, away) and didn't have much time for riding.

Anyway in mid December my life came to a screeching halt. I discovered that my darling wife of 7 and a bit years was having an affair (one of a couple apparently) whilst I was away working. She was unable to stop seeing this guy and so we separated and she moved in with him. Leaving me with the mortgage, kids and little chance of going back to my job.

So anyway with the support of super grandparents I have found my love of riding again and have been doing a fair number of k's since. My father shares my love of bikes so now once again my home rumbles to the sound of barely silenced exhausts! (love it lol).

You guys / girls were great on here before and I hope you all will be again.

Thanks everyone.

2. We are who we are in spite of the twists in the road, welcome back to the road.

It was a long drink you had.
    Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:51 pm
    Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:28 pm
  3. Welcome back, sad to hear about your breakup but look at the opportunities it brings you.
    Nothing as cathartic as going for a looooong ride.
  4. It's not the same forum these days. There's bitchiness, trolling, hypersensitivity, stupidity, oh wait....

Welcome back. You have just raised the average IQ of the forum.

Sorry to hear of your path through pain. We're here to offer an ear and advice, you just have to filter out the bitchiness, trolling, ........
  5. Mate, that sucks with the missus and all, but on the bright side, you have support, your kids, and do not have to pay maintenence etc for the next x no of years.

Is the non carer of kids (in this case the woman) liable for maintainence payments etc?........................I doubt so.....women's liberation my bum!!

As far as the romance stakes go, there are thousands of women that will step into your life when you are ready...........just pick the right one.

Good to see you have rediscovered the riding again. Rubber side down!

6. welcome back, as one door shuts another opens. Glad to hear you are back in the saddle :wink:
  7. Welcome back and to a new chapter in your life.

I trust 2008 has some good things in store.

Well, to start with it has us so it can't be too bad!!!

8. Welcome back!

So.... what do you ride? :)
  9. shit mate that is some aweful shit to happen to you. good to see you've got your chin up but and back in the saddle though.

10. Welcome back. 2007 was a bad year for lots of my friends, hell most of their "new year" forum/journal posts have been stating this. Lots feeling good about 2008 and I'm the same. I was taken "off road" for a few months due to coming off daily strong pain killers (nerve injury in right upper arm + subluxed shoulder = *shit* is all I can say) but I'm looking at 2008 as the year of moving on with stuff. Looks like you have started the "new year" a little early and got your shit together a little bit before 2008. Well, wishing you all the best and enjoy riding. It's back on my agenda :grin:
  11. Welcome back Andrew.
    Life is full of twists and turns and with the right outlook you dont even notice.
  12. Welcome back Andrew, a whole year mate! :grin:
  13. Yes they are, but unless she's in full time employment the amount will be negligible.
  14. Wow, your in Miles, we where up there late last year at your local, stayed overnight and rode back to the Gold Coast the next day (15$ for accomodation and breakfast). You have great bike roads if you venture of the main roads.

Welcome back.
  15. Thanks everyone. Yes she does have to pay maint but as was stated already if she isn't working then she has to pay $12 / fortnight lol.

Someone asked what I ride? Well at the moment there is a GS500 and a Trumpy America in the shed. The car is out in the sun lol!. It looks like there may be some good news on the horizon. My boss dosen't want to loose me so he's working out a day job for me in the company. Driving a fuel truck lol so from two wheels to at least 6 lol, get to see both sides of the fence. So If all goes well the GS will be replaced with something a bit more sporty. Prob a sports tourer type maybe a CBR 1100 or an FZ1S or hell maybe even a Busa! I have started to ride between Miles and Brissy to visit friends so I'll need to take some luggage lol. But with the number of "saftey cameras" around I'll prob loose the licence lol so be it. You only live once.

Once again thanks for all the good words and look forward to riding with you all in the future.

Hey Undii hows the 675? You had only just got it last time I was on.

16. jeez don't start him he will never stop! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: [joke wazza]

Good news on the job front, mate it always works out in the end ya just gotta have faith and think about the kids.
  17. As stated above :wink: I'll just say "The bike ROCKS"

LOVE IT :grin: It's proved everything to me that I could have thought and did think about it :grin: :grin: :grin: :)
  18. lol Thought you'd be happy. Now it's time for my upgrade! mwahahahah (evil laugh).

No more commuters, no more cruisers (although I won't be getting rid of it, cause it's still cool and the ladies do like it lol).

Busa time! lol maybe not ;-)