Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi, again

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jwebb2876, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Been a bloody long time since I've had any time to even think about bikes, so I figured I'd re-introduce myself.

My name's Josh, 22, from Parkes, NSW, and I own a 1980 Yamaha XS250.
    Not gonna lie, it's pretty rough. Needs carb kits, new indicators, new BMC's, probably a shitload more that I didn't manage to find in the cursory inspection I gave it when I pulled it and all it's associated bits out from behind dad's old baler. Has near brand new Metzeler tyres though, lol
    Threw it back together, gave it a quick service, fresh fuel and it fired third kick though, which is promising. Doesn't run real well, splutters and carries on, but that's to be expected in a bike that hasn't been run since 2007.

Anyway. Just gonna rebuild the carbs, tidy it up and ride it, I think. Might semi-cafe it if I feel like it, drag bars and a single seat, maybe pipes if I can find something that fits. Could probably use new mufflers anyway.
  2. all i can say is good man for not being afraid of getting your hands dirty and bringing the bike back to life...good stuff indeed

welcome ...again, mate.
  3. Haha, cheers. I love messing about with old cars and bikes, newer stuff just doesn't appeal to me.
  4. So are there any Torana parts for sale in Parkes?? Got 2 unfinished projects in the shed lol...

Good to see you back into riding - enjoy!
  5. might catch up for a ride in the future mate...got the ms's old man taking over a job at forbes city council so the odd trip up your way(roughly) will be had
  6. Welcome to NR. (y)
  7. Welcome to masochist's corner :LOL:
  8. Not that I'm aware of, but I'm more into older Jap tin than Aussie stuff. Got an '81 Mitsubishi Scorpion that I'm building to thrash around on the daily, and had an '88 Toyota Chaser with a single turbo 1GGTE, coilovers etc, an '83 Nissan Skyline, an '83 Toyota Corolla with a smallport 4AGE conversion and an '85 Nissan Bluebird with a CA18DE on quads in the past. Also had a VJ Valiant with the 360ci V8, a 253 manual VC Commodore wagon and my current daily is a 202 auto VC.

Cheers mate, although I'm fairly sure it'll be a while before I get back on the bike. There's a fair amount to be done before that, lol

Ah, Forbes... Don't swim in the lake, you'll come out with more appendages than you went in with :LOL:
    As I said, it'll be a while before I get back on the road with the bike but I'm happy to come out for rides after that, for sure :)

Cheers guys :)

Actually been on here for a while, I had this:
    "This" being a 1979 Suzuki GS550E that my old man gave me, but he decided he wanted it back so I ended up with the Yamaha instead. Will get some pics of the bike in the next week or so, it's currently in a million pieces again but still.
    Is there a projects section on here?