Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi. A new rider from Canberra here

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Stiffman, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Hey everyone.
    My name is Matt. I've had a bike right on a week today.
    I'm riding a '98 CB250. Its a little bit rough around the edges, but all in all, it seems like a good bike to get started on.

2. Welcome aboard Matt !

:biker:

3. Hiya Matt and welcome :)

Congrats on getting your bike! CB250 is good for starting on.

Hope to see you at coffee sometime!

:grin:

4. Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm still chuffed at how many canberrans there are.. great stuff!

5. welcome to the nuthouse, yes be sure to come to a coffee night in the future

6. Stay clear of those Canberrans, esp ricecooker and qbnspdfreak, they tempt you into mad outings on bikes and all night singstar sessions. :LOL:
    K

Oh and welcome!

7. Honda eh? You can park waaaaay down the end with Dunit.

:rofl:

Regards, Andrew.

8. karl i resemble that remark, you know your always up for a run when you can

andrew, what are you talking about i'm always front and center :p :LOL:

9. Yeah, gotta admit you Honda riders are a bit of a threat to Kawasaki domination now, quite a few of you, if you count those effeminate CBR 600's! :LOL:
    Imean, how could a company that came up with the VTR 1000, make teh CBR 600? It's like biploar!

Regards, Andrew.

10. hmm wondering in which way to ytake that? is it a compliment on the VTR or a put down? :LOL:

11. OI!!!! I too resemble that remark! :LOL:

But are you saying there's something wrong with mad outings on bikes and all night singstar sessions? :p Speaking of which... when's the next one!!

:grin:

12. Me need me sleep! These old bones and all that. U guys coming up soon?
    K

13. not on the bike :p will e up at the very end of the month for a coincert (not saying which one have copped enough crap about it) :p oh and th bike will be in the shop getting you know what done

14. Not a putdown mate, I'd take a Storm over a CBR, man's bike! :LOL:

Now, if they'd make one with a full fairing and panniers...oh, and double the tank size, I'd be interested!
    Emo lover! :rofl:

Regards, Andrew.

15. More Canberran's on here!!

James - we all know you are getting all dressed up in emo clothes for this mysterious concert!

16. Not likely... well I am but for the KSRC xmas party/piss up in December :grin: otherwise December is generally booked up with piss ups here... hurrah for the silly season!

January is lookin' pretty good... you gonna come along on the swim ride in Jan :D

17. You know me, I am up for almost anything depending on what fortnight it happens to be on. Unfortunately Leens party is on a bad weekend. Will keep in touch mel.
    K

18. Welcome to the crazy house.. :LOL:

19. G'day Stiffman, and welcome.

Just a quick question though, is that you Ruthy? You used to work at Staging?

20. grrr, yeah coz i do emo so so so well, could you really imagine me in emo gear? F#%k that