Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Heya Team

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by SMRMuppet, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Great community feel within the site - perfect for a newbie.

Picked up a Husky SMR middle of the year and looking for others to share the fun with.

Not so sure the bike is well suited to the longer trips that often float around on the site, or if such bikes are welcome on day trips due to the need to stop for gas every 120 - 150km.

Regardless - its a buzz to ride. I come from a background of racing bikes [sans engines] so this is an obvious progression.

Really happy to take advice. I'm becoming addicted so would like to discover any bad habits now before they stick.

Hope to see you on the road.

PS - based inner city - Glebe/Newtown/Camperdown.
  2. #2 Womble, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Welcome, Muppet (from a Womble).

Fuel range generally isn't a problem on the group rides, there's always someone who wants to stop for a smoke/piss/pie anyway.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome SMRMuppet, yes your range is a bit limiting. Ride leaders generally work on a 180k refueling range. Still, pick your rides and you will be Ok. Maybe think about an Auxiliary tank?
  4. welcome :]
  5. Welcome to Netrider. Like the others I wouldn't worry too much about fuel mileage; most group rides stop more often than they start, and there's often other riders who need fuel too. Head along to a ride, you'd be welcome.
  6. Welcome to netrider. The SMR would be an awesome little bike. I miss my motard.
  7. Hi All,

Many thanks for the comments - I guess re milage, its something defined by the ride route/duration. I'll keep this in mind and check via the ride organiser well in advance of the date planned.

Thanking all for the welcome!