Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hey :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by emmz01, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Hi all :)

My name is Em & I am in Adelaide SA.

Just purchased a brand new Honda CBR125R Repsol edition :)

Sitting for license in coming weeks & very excited to finally start riding!

Look forward to getting to know you all!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome and remember ATGATT! Especially in Adelaide, if its too hot for your gear, its too hot to ride.
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hey em,welcome to the forum im sure you will enjoy your time here
  4. Not if Uncle Greg has anything to do with it. :p
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Starting to worry ;)
  6. are you hot?
  7. ^^ and this would be why I should prob not waste time on this forum!
  8. Please ignore everything Greg says.
  9. Don't worry about Uncle Greg , Em - it's kind of a running gag here . Welcome to NR from another south aussie !
  10. Welcome. the first post in the welcome lounge always prompts the "are you hot" question.
    Make your own mind up on whether to wear ATGATT (all the gear all the time), some do - some don't. There is a mature school of thought that says ATGATT lulls one into a false sense of security and leads to ATGANFI (all the gear and no fcuking idea).
  11. yeees
  12. All good 109er I knew what you meant! I wear the right gear, safety is important.

I shall ignore Greg!

Thanks for the welcome to the rest :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome, Em. :D

There's good reasons to be prudent with gear, but 109r makes a good point. Gear is good, but the safest option is to wear the gear but ride like you're completely vulnerable. Avoidance is your best defence, not body armour.

Also, if you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball. ;) (movie reference)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hi Em, welcome. 99 per cent of folk here are genuine and well intentioned. Including @unclegreg although he is bold and insists on boob squishing 'hugs' at the earliest opportunity.
  15. Congratulations on your new bike and welcome! Super cute choice by the way, they are neat looking bikes!
  16. welcome aboard :)
  17. Welcome to the asylum(y)
  18. Welcome Emm... you're gonna love that bike for sure.