Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Northern, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,

My name is Danny and i live in Sydney and i am new to riding. I have been reading the forum lately since i'm planning on going for my learners riding test at Botany centre soon. I was nervous about it, but after reading a few posts from members about the test not being so daunting, it's calmed my nerves some.

So decided to join the forum since it seems like a lot of good information and people around here that i can learn from.

Anyways going to look around more and hopefully get to know some of you!
  2. Welcome to NR Danny!

Yeah, dont sweat the Learners course...its easy really, and it isnt a test at all. In fact its a cheap way to get an intro on riding if you never have before. Dont hesitate, just book in!
  3. G'day mate and we'come

And yeah the Learner's Test is not a test - it's a course and if you display a very basic competancy you'll get your piece of paper that allows you to go sit the Driver (rider) Knowledge Test at the RTA and get your learner rider's license.

Enjoy the two half days at Botany and have a good time.

Fun Ha!
  4. welcome mate GL for the "test", it really was just a course but a very good one at that, any idea on what bike your gettin/have
  5. mate it's 70 bucks for 2 half days on a bike.

Good fun and you learn HEAPS about the bike and good techniques for riding.
  6. Learners is a peice of sweet apple pie. Let the fun begin, get your licence and get riding!!
  7. G'day mate and welcome to Netrider.
  8. Thanks for the awesome welcome guys!

Well at the moment i want to get something in the Kawasaki range but still deciding!
  9. i'll be selling my kawasaki 500 in a few month... but it's not in the best condition :(
  10. Naww poor Kawasaki got hurted :(

Welcome! Good luck with your test!
  11. +1 with correct spelling. :cheeky:

12. Take your learners day like a day at Luna park, they say its good fun, welcome in
  13. Welcome Bro