Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey there

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Avalanche4, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Hey all, my name's John and I'm from Adelaide. Earlier this year I decided I would like to get into biking, so after some research I recently bought a '98 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar. What better incentive to get your bike licence... So yesterday I completed my ridersafe basic training and now have my learners permit. There's a bit more to my story though, I was injured in a car accident around 13 years ago and lost my right leg below knee and 3 fingers on my right hand - all of which are pretty important to help slow down a bike. But anyway, I have a prosthetic leg now and completed the basic rider course on their bike quite easily actually. I have ridden a bit as a kid pre accident so the controls all come fairly naturally, I just have a slightly different technique to my braking. As long as it works right. Let the fun begin...

• Like Like x 3
  2. welcome aboard john :) nice ride
  3. Welcome to NR and to the world of motorbikes, John!

Hope all goes well for you.... That's a nice bike there. I'd bought a XVS650 in 2011 which I've recently traded-in. :D
  4. thanks very much guys. i'm pretty happy with the bike
  5. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  6. Welcome along mate. Good to see you overcame the adversity, that's a pretty cool story. Now just enjoy yourself out there!
  7. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. You will love the freedom that your bike will bring you.