Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey there!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Krollinator, Jun 2, 2012.

1. The name is James, 18y/o and riding for about four months. Joined up here after my first little "incident" (whoops), to seek some mechanical knowledge. Thought I'd say hi! Bought a GPX 250 after taking my Q-Ride course in feb, and loving every minute of it. Also re-enforced the fact that I love my gear... And get mind blown at people riding around in thongs (flip flops).

I'm a first year uni student studying a double degree of mechanical engineering & business management at QUT. Uh, I work three jobs, one as a labourer cash in hand, one at a newsagent on weekends and also a "chef" at mcdonalds...

So yeah, I'm a busy little bee most of the time. Once I get my little baby back on the road, I'm hoping to start tackling some twisties and getting my riding experience up, and learning to control a bike on the next level.

And that's pretty much part of me in a nutshell.
  2. Welcome to NR. :) I reckon the GPX is a neat little first bike.
  3. Welcome James. There's some good reading in the new riders section. Hope the bike's back on the road soon.
  4. Brizzy, QUT, 3 "jobs", ATGATT, probably similarly riding experienced, (and totally more OCD instead of being a stalker but your profile says you're an August baby too, and a muso I take it). Long lost little brother? :p

But yeah. Welcome! Those GPX250s are neat as. :) Hope you get the bike going all well and good again soon!
  5. What a busy bee you are!
    Welcome mate,
  6. I've loved every minute of it... Except the 5 seconds coming off... She likes the corners!
    I've been scrolling through before I was a member. It was good to see that a lot of the stuff there was covered by my QUT course.
    Wouldn't surprise me... My mother is a crazy lady! A muso I am! Percussion, Piano and vocals for me :)

Pulled all the fairing off that needs to be fixed, clutch is on order as are indicators, and she was running fine when i took everything off and put her up on the centre stand! shouldn't be too long now! :D
    Thanks bro. :)