Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey, new to the forum and bikes!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by defie, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Hi guys and gals! I'm Gav 27 years young from vic and looking at getting my first bike soon, so some questions for you all! Wheres a good place to go for my license? And whats a good bike to learn on? Looking at bobbers/cafe racers!

2. Hi Defie,

From Doreen I would say HART in Somerton is closest.

I'll let others comment on bikes to learn on. Everybody loves their own marque. ;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Welcome to NR...
  4. Hi Defie,

Welcome to NR. I don't know about rider training on your side of the city.
    But, as far as first bikes go I can offer you what I happily tell anyone that asks. Get something; cheap, reliable and enjoyable. Remember that almost as soon as you're on your opens, you'll want to upgrade. So what ever you get, don't worry too much about putting carbon pipes on it.

5. Howdy and welcome to NR defiedefie .
  6. Thanks for the welcome guys! Thinking the Mercury cafe racer as its cheap new!
  7. Hey mate. Welcome to the forum. The Mercury looks like a nice bike. Don't know to much else about them
  8. Welcome defiedefie.
    Enjoy the ride...and the likely evolution of your bikes.
    Lots of folk in Vic to ride with and availble brains to pick :)
  9. HART in Somerton gets a tick from me.
    Did my licence there 6 months ago and passed with a perfect score. Not bragging: just want to make the point that they are very good if you are keen to learn.
  10. welcome aboard gav :]
  11. Welcome to the forum Gav.
  12. thanks guys...appreciate it! Anyone have any recommendations on a good first bike? café racer/bobber style?