Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey, new rider here

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Jamo04, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hi. Brian here. Middle age new to riding. Lost a couple of close mates of late due to the Big C. Decided to do some things I've wanted to pursue for a long time. Love the company of others and keen to explore. Did a fair bit of research before buying my bike. Kawasaki Vulcan S. 650. Cruiser. Just loving it. Ride with a few mates mainly Mornington Peninsula but keen to expand my horizons.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hello Brian and welcome to the forum. Good move on getting a bike but then we are fairly biased about the mental curative properties of a bike. :) Keep an eye on the Rides and Event announcements Vic section. If you are up to it I am running a three day ride to Jindabyne on the Labour day weekend. Everybody is welcome, click on the Vic thread in my signature.
  3. welcome aboard :)
  4. Welcome to NR Brian and congrats on new bike
  5. Welcome to NR...

Also, come on down to the Saturday practice... A good place for a meet and greet.

There are some rides on Sundays as well
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome fellow Vulcan S rider!
  7. #7 davidk, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Welcome to Netrider Brian!...I have lost friends to the Big C recently too and that was one of the reasons to get back into riding last year, none of us are around forever so make the most of it while you can! (y)

(and by the way...its one of the best decisions I have ever made!)
  8. Welcome mate, as noted above plenty of rides and Sat practice for you to hook into if you'd like. You'll find yourself exploring little roads and places you've never been in a car in your life, so it literally is a brand new world on 2 wheels....enjoy!
  9. Welcome mate :)
  10. Welcome and just give up trying to wipe the stupid smile off your face now you're on two wheels o_O

11. Looking forward to exploring my bike. Jindabyne is a fare ride for me. Rode to milawa n back just before Xmas. Keep me posted please
  12. You can subscribe to the thread and it will notify you when posts happen. The ride is Leaner freindly and although the first and last days are about 600km I try and arrange multiple rest stops etc. You would be most welcome.
  13. Welcome, nice bike you have there, one of those Vulcans may still be in my future
  14. Thanks Russell. Loving it so far. So comfortable and enough power for me. What do you ride
  15. Can't Andrew. I feel free. No phones no people. Just me n the road. Lots to learn
  16. Thanks. Looking forward to a new life
    • Like Like x 1
  17. So excited. Lots to learn
    looking forward to meeting you guys.
  18. ah, you need a gps, iphone, bluetooth headset, and missus on the bike, then its just like a car :cry:
  19. Loving it. Hope to meet you soon
  20. Howdy & Welcome to NR!