Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hey, new forum member - sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by MihirR, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hi guys, just joined the forum, thought it might be good to get to know a few other riders and join in on the saturday rides at homebush.

got my L's about 10 months ago so need to urgently go for my p's now. im riding a Suzuki RG125 right now around the blacktown area. its an old bike but a really very good 2-stroke engine. nice light and zippy, gets me around and keeps up with the bigger bikes for a while :) it's nice and light though so very easy to learn on.

ive only ever been on one long group ride, down old pac so im interested in going on rides

2. welcome M.R!

hope you enjoy the knowledge and info found in these parts. sit back, have a laugh and looking forward to more posts from you.

now hurry up and do your P's!

3. Howdy!

From reports that I've heard I wouldn't be leaving it too long to book your P's incase A) they're booked out all around you, 8) you fail it and need time to resit it before your L's run out.

The guys that show up to the Learners at Homebush are all great though..with a wealth of experience amongst them.

4. G'day and welcome

Come along to the learner's sessions. Good pass strike rate for everyone who comes along for practise and then does their P's test. (y)

Also we usually do a ride afterwards so there's your other carrot!! ;)

Details can be found in the first post of this thread. But read the last page or so to see what is happening each weekend.

See you around

Fun Ha!

5. Welcome mate

6. Welcome mate good to see another 2stroke rider
    I got a rs125
    The learner sessions are a big help
    And you may have to book for a weekday for your most as i think weekends are all booked out for months im prety sure

7. welcome to Netrider, always nice to have two-stroke fans on board :)

8. Welcome im new too n on my Ls... =] wouldnt mind goin for a ride im around livo

9. i get my bike this weekend :D im around livo also we should go for prac sessions after work lol

10. Welcome to the loony bin m'lad!

11. yeah i realised about weekends being booked out :( might just chuck a sickie one day and do it on a weekday. but im relatively confident of passing it - ive done it once before (failed because my bike was out of action and had to use one of their crappy CB250's so was really unconfident on the bike) so i know which part is my trouble area, the u-turn.

@trent112 - lol do love the 2-strokes but i dont think mine has anything on an rs125. went for a ride with one before, got left for dead

defs go for a ride soon

12. yeah i realised about weekends being booked out :( might just chuck a sickie one day and do it on a weekday. but im relatively confident of passing it - ive done it once before (failed because my bike was out of action and had to use one of their crappy CB250's so was really unconfident on the bike) so i know which part is my trouble area, the u-turn.

@trent112 - lol do love the 2-strokes but i dont think mine has anything on an rs125. went for a ride with one before, got left for dead

defs go for a ride soon

13. Always nice to welcome another Sydney-sider!

14. put up some photos of your bike

15. when i did my ps i hired there bike for the test i found it alot easier to use there bike for the cone weave and u turn as they have a lot better steering lock then my rs125

16. ive tried to but i cant find the album' feature in the user control panel. when i get time ill edit a pic and put it up as a dp.

ive heard this from almost everyone ive talked to lol. i just couldnt manage it for some reason, i just felt very jittery and awkward on their bikes.

17. its funny how things work differently for people
    it took me all off about 5 minutes to get used to there bike it was quite awkwad to start with compared to my rs and a lot more comfy