Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey Im New :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Diablo92, Aug 25, 2011.

1. hey guys im new to this ill tell u a little about myself :). I love riding i have a Honda VTR 250 im looking to upgrade very very soon lol i use to ride a scooter (just for a month).

2. Welcome to NR. I wont hold it against you that you are a mexican but only cause you ride :D

3. welcome to NR, come down tomorrow morn and introduce yourself at the prac session at the bp servo beach rd just next to st kilda marina

4. Welcome Diablo. How long have you been riding for and what are you thinking of upgrading to?

5. Welcome Diablo92.

Seeing as how I'm known in some parts as kneedragon1962@some_stupid_emailmob.com, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say you're 18 years old, or just turned 19.

There's no shame in riding a scooter, briefly. I rode a scooter briefly. I actually got paid for a couple of weeks to ride a scooter. But I showed seditious tendencies. People heard and realised that I was bombing along, giggling like an idiot, singing 'Born to be wild' at the top of my lungs, and rumour had it that I once coaxed the beast up to some outrageous speed in excess of 50 km/h. (The horror, the horror.) But 'the straw that broke the camel's back' (yes, that's a direct quote) was when I left the shop on my own bike, on a Saturday afternoon, into and through an empty car park, at something approaching 60 km/h. Contrary to expectation, I lived. Naturally they did the only reasonable thing and fired me before any more damage was done. Equally naturally, they did the responsible thing and neglected to inform me about this until I got sick of ringing them to ask when my next shift would come, and actually went into the office to find out what was going on. I don't know that they had a swat team on standby while they haltingly broke the news to me, but I got the distinct feeling that they wished they did.

So from my perspective, I can't see where this silly stereotype about cardigan wearing panty-waisted faeries on scooters came from. I think it must be a silly clan rivalry thing started by young blokes on motorcycles with too much time on their hands and testosterone in their alcohol stream. Tribal sort of thing. Silly, really.

6. Welcome to NR.

7. Hi and welcome to NR

8. Thanks guys for the welcoming :)

9. Thats a secret lol

10. Welcome mate....great choice of bike there - I still dream of my little'ol VTR - she was good to me....I was good to her :nopity: