Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hey, I Gotsta Question

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by juicedboi, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Hey,
    I got a few earring's a couple days ago and i have my L's course in 2 weeks. Was wondering if anybody here rides with an earring in the top of their ear and how long it took before you could put the helmet on with ease. I tried a helmet on today and it was a bit much i couldn't get it all the way on. Hoping i don't have issues and it wont hurt in 2 weeks or ill just have to bite my tongue.

cheers

2. Should be healed properly in 2 weeks so I don't think it will be an issue, but if it is just take it out, and if it closes oh well :LOL:

3. #3 juicedboi, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    yeah im more worried about an infection than the hole closing. cos they recommend waiting 6 weeks tot ake it out. it will be 3 weks when i do test

well where am i supposed to find out?
    as the famous quote says.. "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people"

4. Just suck it up. Put your helmut on very carefully when the time comes. I had a similar problem with my Prince Albert. Just be gentle with it for a while.

5. I have two piercings in the top of my right ear and 3 streched one's in my left lobe and comfort really depends on the make and model of the helmet, but you should be right to wear a helmet at your learners course.

Have you been giving your piercings daily saline washes? Was the piercing done with a gun or a needle? Normaly a cartiledge piercing done with a gun will take slightly longer to heal

If you have to take the jewelry out, avoiding touching the piercing and wash your hands, ear and the jewelry before you put it back in and you'll be fine.

6. :shock:

What were you doing with the helmet? :?

On second thoughts, don't answer that. :p

7. alright well thanks to all the people who bothered to answer properly. and yeah i will clean the piercings and hopefully they will heal by then.

thread over :)

8. Or use a wide elastic headband to pin your ears down.

9. Hi,

I really feel for you. I once had my whatsername peirced then two weeks later had to start work on a sex farm. :LOL:

I hate it when that happens....

Rob

10. Oh dear god. To much info man.

11. :LOL: they have a whole range of helmets to choose from. just choose a loose fit that doesnt hurt. In 3 weeks it shouldnt really be to bad.

12. #12 freddy, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015